Friday, September 9, 2011

PayPal DOES NOT Protect the Sellers!!!

Just thought that I would share my lastest problem with PayPal. On January 29, 2008, I mailed a 14kt Black Pearl Ring with Diamonds to the winner of my auction. At that time, I gave the customer an option of purchasing insurance, thinking that I could prove the item mailed by the Customs Declaration Forms. The customer opted out for insurance, so I mailed the item how the customer requested, first class! MISTAKE!!! DO NOT, EVER...MAIL ANY PACKAGE INTERNATIONALLY WITHOUT INSURANCE!!! YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED!!! NOT WITH THE USPS NOR WITH PAYPAL!!!
I lost $244.00 and a gorgeous ring in this process. $5.00 extra for something, the listing fees, the E-Bay selling fees, I could not claim them back because it had been over 45 days!!!
Please, do not let this happen to you, if the customer will not pay for insurance, DO NOT SHIP the item! The customer made a non receipt dispute via PayPal against me. I had numerous telephone conversations with PayPal and the USPS. I PROVED to PayPal that the item was indeed shipped on that date, to the correct address and was now out of my control. BUT BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE INSURANCE, THE ITEM COULD NOT BE TRACKED!!! Now, PayPal sided with the buyer, not me!! The sellers are the ones paying the PayPal fees and bringing customer to them!
Now, do you really think that WHEN the item is delivered, that the customer will tell me? MAYBE, the customer will send me the money??? Think again! This was one that I took for the team, but guess what? No more, in fact, I will changing my funding source to Google Check-Out.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY!!! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!
PLEASE VOTE YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment