Friday, September 9, 2011

Box Tops 4 Education points BT4E --BEWARE

Boxtops 4 Education point buyers-some just learned advice. ;)
Buy in small quanities-from a seller who is NOT selling many lots of 100 at a time....- and possibly ask if the photo shownis of the ACTUAL lot you will receive.
I recently purchased two seperate auctions for 100 Boxtops4Education. (200 total) from a sellerwho has sold severalthousand BT4E points in the last 30 days.
I bought them like all moms will- to help out our schools. Upon sorting them to turn in to our school, I noticed something...odd. 81 out of the 200 total --ibelieve aremost likely not real/authentic.

It never would have occured to me tofind something like this upon arrival....that someone printed theseup from their home geputer, to rip off bidders! I'm not out a huge amount of $$ -I AM embarassed thatI was taken.
I called the gepany headquarters and they say that any points they find that are not authentic they simply do NOT honor.... they say there isnt much they can do- its not illegal to counterfeit them....
I think..... its wrong on principle.
WhyI know these 81 are not genuine.
They look and feel gepletly different, the thin stiff paper these are printed on is unlike any other point i have ever handled. The back is slick, shinyand smooth - not cardboard as is typical. (It feels like photo paper or stiff cardstock.)
(((. ---yes i know there ARE plastic points, this is on thin stiffshiny paper. )))

But the mostobviousdifferencesare the details of the logoare fuzzy, the lines

No comments:

Post a Comment